The afternoon session began with a speech from International Speaker Jucelia Vargas Vieira de Jesus, President SISERP, Santa Catarina State, Brazil.
Jucelia gave an emotional speech about the issues in Brazil that affect all people specifically Women, Black people and LGBTIQ people across the country. she also made mention and solidarity about the Anti-Government Protests that happened on Friday 14 June 2019. see video below for more information.
You can find out more about the SISERP on their facebook page here…
The conference then continued with normal business and started to look at the next motions, these were…
- Composite C – Funding Cuts and Saving Local Government Services – Carried
- Social Care cuts – Carried
- Income Generation – Carried
- A State of Crisis in Local Government – Carried
- Double Jeopardy – The Impact of local government cuts on women – Carried
- Councils at Breaking Point – highlighting the damage – Carried
Mike Short Senior National Officer delivered the final section in the annual report – recruitment and organisation
The following motions were then discussed…
- Facility Time – Carried
- Black Members Mentoring Scheme in Local Government – Carried
- Schools Funding and School Support Staff – Carried
- Education Funding Formula – Carried
- Cuts to Pastoral Support in schools – Carried
- Excluding future HE, FE and Sixth form staff from LGPS – Carried
- Recruiting and Organising Fire and Rescue Staff – Carried
This closes the Local Government Conference 2019, please look out for our National Delegate Conference Coverage from tomorrow.
for more information on the annual report, Motions and Composites please click the below documents…