The final day began with a discussion on the rule amendment Rule G – Branch Officers – after much debate this resulted in a card vote results to be announced later.
Now guest speaker Sonia Bassey MBE, Chair of Mandela 8, to find out more about this organisation here are a few videos which explain this…
Following this the following motions were discussed…
- Nelson Mandela: Inspiring Future Generations – Carried
- Composite D – The Crisis in Social Care – Carried
- Stopping Social Insecurity – Carried
- Rule G – Branch Officers – was carried following the card vote
- Fighting for an Accessible Welfare System – Carried
- Disability History Month – Carried
- Recruitment and Retention of Members – Carried
- Progressive Taxes to end Austerity – Carried
- Tackiling Rascism at work – to continue to be debated in the final session of conference
to read more about these motions please click on the below documents.