Get Involved

If you are interested in getting more involved there are many options for you.

You can become a UNISON workplace representative, the most important link between the union and its members.

UNISON has four types of workplace representative:

Nationally, UNISON produces a regular reps’ magazine and weekly email newsletter, as well as other support and information.

Where the union has a recognition agreement, stewards, health and safety reps and learning reps have a legal right to ‘reasonable’ time off for union duties. Good recognition agreements may also allow some time off for union activities – rather than duties – but with will depend on the particular agreement and employer.