the afternoon session began with a speech by Neville Southall, MBE who is a former Welsh former international footballer, and a Unison Activist for Wales. read more about his speech here! https://www.unison.org.uk/news/article/2019/06/localgov-southall/
Following this the next part of the Annual report was discussed and then discussions of the following motions were looked at.
- Local Government Apprenticeships – Carried
- Composite A – Campaigning on pay – Carried
- Safeguarding LGPS investments – Carried
- Regional Pay Bargaining – Carried
- Food Standards Agency – Pay, terms, & condition – Carried
- Composite B – Local Government Pension Scheme – Carried
- Divest from Carbon Campaign – Carried
- Bring Back the Education Maintenance Allowance – Carried
- Further education colleges should be the only provider of apprenticeships – Carried
Below are the documents if you would like to read more.