The conference began with a welcome by Gordon McKay – UNISON President who discussed the order of business.
Glen Williams – Local Government SGE Chair, introduced the annual report you can read it in more detail by clicking on the document here…
Following this and the agreeing of the annual report the following motions were discussed (these can be read in detail in the below documents….
- Knife crime and cuts to Youth Services – Carried
- Crisis in Social Care – Carried
- Libraries at Breaking Point – Carried
- the Youth Work Profession – Carried
- Housing out of Reach for public service workers! – Carried
- Composite D – House Building and the Housing Development Workforce
- Local Service Champions
- Continuing to promote the Ethical care Charter